Gluten-Free Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Recipe
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream - how long has it been since you've had it??? We went without one of our favorite food for seven years until last summer, when we spent many evenings perfecting a simple Gluten-Free Cookies & Cream Ice Cream recipe (below) with the most authentic taste using the fewest ingredients possible. We wish we could be there to see the look on the faces of your gluten-free kids the first time they bite into this delicious treat!
JOIN THE GLUTENISTA PARTY:
GET BREAKING GFREE NEWS:
FIND IT ON glutenista.com:
get exclusive content/deals
SIGN-UP for GlutenistaMAIL:
GET FABULOUS NEW GEAR:
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Cookies & Cream Recipe:
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 1/2 - 2/3 Can Eagle Sweetened Condensed Milk, depending on preferred sweetness (we do 2/3)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Gluten-Free Vanilla
- 1 Package KinniToos (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free "Oreos")
- Ingredient Note: the fat in the half & half and sweetened condensed milk are essential so that the ice cream does not freeze rock solid. It is not advised to use no-fat versions for this recipe.
Step-by-Step Directions for Cookies & Cream Ice Cream:
- Stir Sweetened Condensed Milk into Half & Half until fully dissolved. Add Vanilla. Chill Ice Cream Base - This can be done by sticking it in the freezer or an ice bath for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Ice Cream base according to Ice Cream Maker directions, in our case - 20 minutes in the KitchenAid Mixer Ice Cream Maker Attachment. No Ice Cream Maker? See David Lebovitz's instructions.
- While Ice Cream is mixing, Smash KinniToos/Oreos - we used 2 rows of KinniToos for the abundance of cookies above. Have a variety of size levels so that you can get terrific big chunky bites yet have small pieces to ensure there is a cookie in every bite.
- Remove from ice cream maker and slowly stir in cookies until they are fully distributed. Pour Ice Cream into freezer safe container, cover and freeze for a least four hours.