Gluten-Free Caramelized Onion Pear Gorgonzola Pizza
This Caramelized Onion Pear Gorgonzola Mushroom Prosciutto Gluten-Free Pizza is HEAVENLY! Created on a whim, when there wasn't much in the kitchen, this has become a staple around glutenista-land. This pizza is great as a meal, paired with salad, or a cut-up and turned into a delicious gourmet gluten-free appetizer. Since there is just a little cheese and half an Udi's gluten-free pizza crust is only 150 calories, you don't even need to feel guilting eating it. The best part? If you already have caramelized onions leftover from the night before, it takes very little time - just quickly prep, bake & eat!
The sweetness of the pear mixes so well with all of the savory pizza ingredients - gorgonzola cheese, caramelized onions, sauteed baby bella mushrooms, prosciutto.
JOIN THE GLUTENISTA PARTY:
GET BREAKING GFREE NEWS:
FIND IT ON glutenista.com:
get exclusive content/deals
SIGN-UP for GlutenistaMAIL:
GET FABULOUS NEW GEAR:
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Ingredients for Caramelized Onion Pear Gluten-Free Pizza:
- 1 Udi's Gluten-Free Pizza Crust, thawed to room temperature
- Sprinkle of shredded Mozzarella Cheese, about 2oz
- 1/2 Cup Caramelized Onions
- 1/2 Cup Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 Anjou Pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Gorgonzola Cheese, depending on preference
- 2 - 4 Slices Prosciutto
Step-by-Step Directions for Caramelized Onion Pear Gluten-Free Pizza:
- Prep all ingredients (Make Caramelized Onions, Sauté Baby Bellas in Olive Oil or Butter, Slice Pear)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place crust on parchment paper (optional, but we find that we prefer this method of preparation)
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese over Udi's gluten-free pizza crust. Spread caramelized onions and mushrooms across pizza. Fan pear slices around the pizza. Sprinkle with gorgonzola cheese. Tear up prosciutto into small pieces and add where the pizza is in need of more toppings.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust is crisp.
- Cut Pizza into slices in-between pears. Serve with a green salad with an herb vinaigrette or as an appetizer, maybe before a dinner of steak or pasta?