Glutenista's Favorite Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This ice cream pie is a favorite of gluten-free and gluten-full eaters alike. The spiciness of the gingersnap crust is the perfect complement to the sweet pumpkin ice cream. The best part? It is simple to prepare, and can be made ahead of time, leaving you with more time to spend with your guests on Thanksgiving. xoxo, Glutenista
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Ingredients
- 8 ounces gluten-free gingersnaps (such as Mi-Del), crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 quart pumpkin pie ice cream (or 1 quart vanilla ice cream, mixed with 10oz pumpkin pie filling)
- Whipped Cream, for serving
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally grease 9-inch pie plate with butter or nonstick spray.
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, sugar and butter. Add butter and stir until moistened. Add cold water as additional moisture, if needed, to hold the crumb mixture together.
- Place gingersnap crust mixture into the greased pie plate and press down evenly along the bottom and all sides. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- After crust has cooled, remove pumpkin ice cream from freezer and let soften at room temperature for 10-20 minutes. Spoon ice cream into pie crust and spread evenly across the pie.
- Cover and return pie to freezer until ice cream is firm, 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove pie from freezer and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Cut into slices and serve topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.