Homemade Baked Tortilla Chip Recipe
Tortilla Chips seem to disappear around here faster than any other food. Whether we serve them with Salsa, Guacamole, Buffalo Chicken Dip or Hummus, there never seems to be any willpower. On the other hand, we always seem to waste the million corn tortillas that come in the huge tortilla bag. Our solution? Homemade gluten-free Tortilla Chips that won't break your budget OR your waistline!
It couldn't be easier to make homemade tortilla chips! And the best part? You get to season them to YOUR preference and get creative - you can make Italian Tortilla Chips (Italian seasoning, garlic + parmesan), Southwestern Lime Chips (Southwest seasoning + a sprinkle of lime juice) or Sweet Tortilla Chips (sprinkle with cinnamon + sugar). Plus, they are baked, not fried, so even your healthy friends will be fans!
JOIN THE GLUTENISTA PARTY:
GET BREAKING GFREE NEWS:
FIND IT ON glutenista.com:
get exclusive content/deals
SIGN-UP for GlutenistaMAIL:
GET FABULOUS NEW GEAR:
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
Ingredients for Gluten-free Baked Tortilla Chip Recipe:
- Corn Tortillas
- Olive Oil Mister or Pam Spray
- Kosher Salt
- Seasoning of your choice: we LOVE Penzey's Southwest seasoning OR lime juice OR make it sweet by adding cinnamon & sugar
Step-by-Step Directions for Baked Tortilla Chips :
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or tinfoil, bottom side up.
- Spray each side of the tortilla with Olive Oil/Pam. Use a fair amount for crispiness. Sprinkle one side with Kosher salt and seasoning.
- Stack tortillas and cut into fourths for large chips or eighths for smaller chips. Place in a varying pattern on cookie sheet. IMPORTANT: Do not crowd the chips, leave ample space in between chips or they will not get crispy.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Begin to check on the chips at around 8 minutes. If your oven heats unevenly, you may have to flip the pan halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with guacamole or homemade salsa!