Glutenista's Gluten-Free Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 1/2 - 2/3 Can Eagle Sweetened Condensed Milk, depending on preferred sweetness (we do 2/3)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Gluten-Free Vanilla
- 1 Package KinniToos (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free "Oreos")
- Ingredient Note: the fat in the half & half and sweetened condensed milk are essential so that the ice cream does not freeze rock solid. It is not advised to use no-fat versions for this recipe.
- Stir Sweetened Condensed Milk into Half & Half until fully dissolved. Add Vanilla. Chill Ice Cream Base - This can be done by sticking it in the freezer or an ice bath for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Ice Cream base according to Ice Cream Maker directions, in our case - 20 minutes in the KitchenAid Mixer Ice Cream Maker Attachment. No Ice Cream Maker? See David Lebovitz's instructions.
- While Ice Cream is mixing, Smash KinniToos/Oreos - we used 2 rows of KinniToos for the abundance of cookies above. Have a variety of size levels so that you can get terrific big chunky bites yet have small pieces to ensure there is a cookie in every bite.
- Remove from ice cream maker and slowly stir in cookies until they are fully distributed. Pour Ice Cream into freezer safe container, cover and freeze for a least four hours.